PSA was established in 1979 to serve the children of the Pakistani expatriate community living in Ajman and adjacent cities. It is an International School, recognized by Ministry of Education and affiliated with the Federal Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education of Islamabad.
The school is co-educational, though it is divided by gender and each division has its own supervisor. It is headed by its principal, who is supervised by the Board of Directors. It has a student body of more than 1500.
The school operates in single shift. The curriculum is modeled on the prescribed curriculum by FBISE, Islamabad, significantly enhanced by the International Primary Curriculum in the primary school. The primary medium of instruction is English; however Urdu and Arabic are also taught as language subjects till secondary level.
The school has two wings, one for boys and the other for girls. A connecting building houses the administrative offices.